


She lived a good long life. Three days short of 96 years, 9 months. She was ready to go ...she had been without my Grandfather for over 38 years and missed him terribly every day of those 38+ years. She would tell you that she had lived a good life.
I spend most of my week working on her "memorial poster", as well as taking care of things here for my parents, who were there taking care of things for her memorial. I think that her poster turned out very well, I only wish that we had been able to find photos from when she was younger (We did find a portrait and a few snap shots, but had no where to get them scanned, so, we put them in frames instead of on the poster). I hope that it captured her last 20 or so years well...
She was loved by so many... and we were all amazed to learn that she had helped to start the church that she attended for just short of 75 years. Pastor Greg did a wonderful job of her Memorial service, he knew her well. And, Mr. Peter's did such a wonderful job of making her truly look as if she were just asleep. And, God gave us a sunny, and not too cold day. My parents chose to not have a graveside service, and I think it was a wonderful choice! We each went on our own to say goodbye in our own way. And, low and behold, we ran into some other family members there, and they had seen some others leaving when they had arrived, it was a happier way to say goodbye...
I'm so thankful that my parents came home and picked us up, I didn't have to drive, and we got to spend some extra time together, something we don't seem to be doing much lately.
It was a long week, and now, we must move on...lets hope we can all have such long and happy lives
I spend most of my week working on her "memorial poster", as well as taking care of things here for my parents, who were there taking care of things for her memorial. I think that her poster turned out very well, I only wish that we had been able to find photos from when she was younger (We did find a portrait and a few snap shots, but had no where to get them scanned, so, we put them in frames instead of on the poster). I hope that it captured her last 20 or so years well...
She was loved by so many... and we were all amazed to learn that she had helped to start the church that she attended for just short of 75 years. Pastor Greg did a wonderful job of her Memorial service, he knew her well. And, Mr. Peter's did such a wonderful job of making her truly look as if she were just asleep. And, God gave us a sunny, and not too cold day. My parents chose to not have a graveside service, and I think it was a wonderful choice! We each went on our own to say goodbye in our own way. And, low and behold, we ran into some other family members there, and they had seen some others leaving when they had arrived, it was a happier way to say goodbye...
I'm so thankful that my parents came home and picked us up, I didn't have to drive, and we got to spend some extra time together, something we don't seem to be doing much lately.
It was a long week, and now, we must move on...lets hope we can all have such long and happy lives
3 comments:
That's wonderful Robin. The poster is absolutely beautiful! You did a terrific job on it. What a sweet way to remember your grandmother. :-) HUGS to you.
What a beautiful memorial poster! You did such a fantastic job on it! I bet making the poster brought back some wonderful memories, and I hope they help you through the difficult times.
(((Hugs)))
The poster is beautiful- you did a great job on it! What a wonderful way to display fond memories of your grandmother! Sending hugs to you!!
Post a Comment